Pls helb poof birb obtain millet seeb.
Guess who’s getting millet later today.
better than hasselhoff.
i can’t believe my “IF I FITZ I SITZ” owl post has gone up to 3,150 likes/reblogs so far. that’s insane.
Meet my new friend! I have named it Rory.
I believe this is at least the second generation of house centipede (Scutigera coleoptera) to live near my computer. It lives behind my whiteboard calendar. The first generation (to me) lived in the windowsill, though I have reason to believe it has since died and been replaced by its progeny. Rory was a tiny scamp just a year ago, but has since grown to a lovely 1.75 inch (~4.5 cm) body length (excluding legs/antennae).
Centipedes are difficult to gender without dissection, but Rory is a good centipede name, I think. I already have one named Legs. I am astounded that Rory made it to adulthood since my cat has taken to hunting wall-bugs.
House centipedes have a very long lifespan for arthropods, especially those in regular contact with humans, often living for 3-7 years. Rory will probably be here long after I have moved on.
Also, they have purpley-blue blood! This is due to having their bodies transport oxygen via the non-iron-containing hemolymph, rather than iron-containing hemoglobin, which is red, and what almost all vertebrates have.
I do not like their creepy legs or their crazy proportions or their speed, but house centipedes are harmless - they mostly come about as a result of you having spiders or ants about, which they feast on, and which are much more likely to try and bite you…unless you swat a house centipede or hurt it for no reason, they almost never bite humans - and when they do, their venom is nothing compared to their jungle relatives.
let us not forget that peter gabriel was once one cool, weird sonofabitch back in the 70’s.
“In the 70’s, I used to work out at this Gold’s Gym in California, and one day this wrestling promoter comes in and says: ‘I need a black guy, a Chinese guy, and an Indian—- he said Indian, but he meant Native American.’ I happened to be working out with a black friend and a Chinese friend, so I said: ‘We can do it! I can be an Indian!’ So he agreed, and he moved us into this empty warehouse to live. Then he gave us $600 per week to do a bunch of coke and beat the shit out of each other before Roller Girls events.”
- Was a musical prodigy who started piano lessons at six and had composed her first classical work at age ten
- Built her own computer at age 14 in 1953, before most people knew what a computer was, and won a scholarship for it
- Helped Dr. Robert Moog work on his earlier synthesizers, providing technical assistance and convincing him to give the Moog synthesizer touch sensitivity
- Her breakthrough album, Switched on Bach, won four Grammy awards, started a craze for synthesized music, and remained on the Billboard Classical Album top 200 chart for over a year
- Composed music for the movies A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, and the original Tron
- Collaborated with “Weird Al” Yankovich on a parody of Peter and the Wolf centred around the importance of oral hygeine
- In case this wasn’t enough, she is also an accomplished solar eclipse photographer
AGH, SO MUCH ADORATION.